Saturday 18 July 2015

MOVING?!?

Moving?!

Hello Everyone, i hope you are all ok. Today i have a different post which i guess you could call an update! I'm going to be talking about something that I'm very excited about but also nervous about and that is... I'm moving.  When i say moving i don't mean house i mean to another country, in less than a months time i will be moving to Dubai where i will live with my dad and family. I have wanted to move here ever since my dad moved 2 years ago but i had to wait for the perfect time and truthfully until i was ready. I didn't want to leave my school in the UK at a crucial point in my education so i decided to finish my GCSE's here and then move ready for my A levels. Dubai is a beautiful place and i have visited many of times, everytime i go i get to see something new and its never boring. It is such a clean place and very modern with some absolutely incredible buildings so I'm very excited.

Moving can be extremely nerve wracking whether its a new school, new house or moving countries but what you have to remember is the positives you get out of it especially the experiences, when i feel nervous or anxious about it all i think to myself not many 16 year olds get the opportunity to get to experience another country like me and i understand how lucky i am. of course its not going to be for everyone but i love travelling so this is perfect for me and for anyone else who gets this chance i will say take it you never know what something will be like until you try it!

I will be starting sixth form and i will of course be in a new school which means i don't know anyone and if I'm honest this terrifies me because I've never been the most sociable person around people i don't know and I'm scared i won't be able to make friends. When i was younger i was very nervous and shy around new people which of course made it hard for me to make friends straight away however the friends i have made are amazing and have really helped me feel more confident about myself and i think although I'm feeling anxious now about it i will have a better time at my new school making friends, I'm very excited to meet people from all over the world and start fresh.

The decision to move was my own and i spoke long and hard with my family about my choice and they all supported me saying it was a great experience for me and such an amazing opportunity, of course I'm going to miss them all so much but i am moving to live with others from my family as i said which includes my dad, brother and stepmum. My brother is 4 months old and i wanted to make sure i was there whilst he grew up so i didn't miss out, i also wanted to spend some quality time with my dad who i haven't lived with for 12 years now and they were the main reasons that made me say YES! With technology at the moment its so easy for me to pick up my phone and Skype my family, this really helps and makes it feel like they are not thousands of miles away. Also Facebook, instagram and twitter allows me to share moments with other people so they too can experience what i am.

I would love to hear if any of you are moving or a thinking about it and if you do have any questions about me moving please feel free to ask me i would love to answer them. I also have some exciting posts for when I'm there and i can't wait to share my experiences with you!

Thank you for reading
Lots of Love 
Lydia<3
instagram: lydiakashley99
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig