Thursday 3 August 2017

Lyd & Liv: Day Glam Makeup Look

Hello everyone, I hope you're well.
I am so excited for this blogpost and it has definitely been my favourite to plan and write as it's my first ever collab with the lovely Olivia Marshall from livvyandallthingsbeauty. Me and Olivia went to school together and have always shared a love for makeup and blogging so it was amazing for us to get together and work on a blogpost. She is such a talented aspiring makeup artist and she is probably the only person who could make me feel comfortable about having makeup applied to my face. We decided to do a makeup look on 'glam' and I did a daytime glam look on her whilst she did a nighttime glam on me so make sure to check her blogpost out after this and stay tuned for some more post from the both of us because we just loved spending the day together doing the things we loved.


Face:
As we decided to go for a glam look I made the base slightly more full coverage as I felt it would match the theme better and allow the eye makeup to pop. I knew I wanted to go heavier on the eyes and that was the area I focused the glam on so the rest of the face I kept neutral with a soft contour, a slight blush to the cheeks and a pop of highlighter on the cheek bones where the sun would naturally hit. I stuck with a light blush that gave a natural flush and for the highlighter I used a colour similar to Olivas's skin tone to make sure it blended in and gave the most natural look whilst still looking glam and glowy.
The products I used were:
Foundation: Arbonne perfecting liquid foundation
Concealer: Arbonne real conceal liquid concealer
Powder: Arbonne setting pretty translucent powder
Bronzer: Arbonne bronzer
Contour: Anastasia beverly hills cream contour palette
Blusher: Arbonne blush in Blossom
Highlight: Anastasia Beverly Hills glow kit in sun kissed



Eyes:
The eyes were the main focus for this look and I was very happy with how they turned out. I used a paint pot as a base to ensure the eyeshadows appeared bright and true to the colours in the pan. I used a light transition shade in the crease and then blended a pink into the crease and the outer corner. I used a slightly darker pink on the outer corner and blended all the shades together to make the look softer and less harsh. I then applied a glitter liquid eyeshadow in the front third of the lid and again blended it out with the pink. I thought a small wing would be suitable for this look to add to the glam and then I paired that with some natural lashes to give a bit of extra volume and length.
The products I used were:
Base: MAC paint pot in soft ochre
Transition crease colour: ABH modern renaissance palette in shade Buon Fresco
Crease and outer corner: Violet Voss holy grail palette, shade Wine N Dine
Outer corner: ABH modern renaissance palette, shade love letter
Lid: Violet Voss holy grail palette, shade 'On fleek'
Glitter: Stila magnificent metals liquid eyeshadown in shade 'Kitten Karma'
Eyeliner: Kat von D tattoo liner
Mascara: Arbonne it's a long story Mascara


Lips:
I kept the lips very subtle as the key focus was on the eyes in this look so I went for a nude lipstick and then a slightly lighter shade in the middle of the lip to give the illusion of a plumper lip and a subtle ombre affect.
The products I used were:
Lipliner: MAC pro longwear lip pencil in 'nice n spicy'
Lipsticks: ABH liquid lipstick in crush and Kat Von D everlasting lipstick in melancholia

Im am definitely no makeup artist and this was such a fun post to both plan and write, I have never done a collaboration on my blog and Im so glad my first was with the gorgeous Olivia. This is the daytime version as I mentioned before and if you head on over to her blog you'll get to see her nighttime glam makeup look that she did on me, it was absolutely amazing and I'm so excited to do more collabs with her so look out for more #lydandliv coming soon.



Olivias blog: livvyandallthingsbeauty.blogspot.co.uk
Olivia instagram: https://www.instagram.com/livimarsh22/
Olivia's Makeup Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/makeupbyoliviajm_/
Olivias Twitter: https://twitter.com/Oliviajm99

Thank you for reading
Lots of Love 
Lydia<3

Don't forget to follow me/contact me on:
Instagram: lydiakateashley
Twitter: lydiakateashley


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig